Private foundations are ideal vehicles for achieving charitable goals. But successful families know that private foundations can also be instrumental for realizing financial and personal objectives.
In this on-demand webinar, Eaton Vance Vice President of Wealth Strategies Simone Devenny and Foundation Source Senior Managing Director Josh Stamer talk about leveraging the comprehensive advantages of a private foundation.
Topics in this presentation cover include:
- Timing: Why “giving while living” could be more advantageous than a testamentary bequest.
- Risk mitigation: How concentrated and appreciated investment positions can reduce risk for your family and your favorite charitable organizations.
- Vehicle synergies: Combining a private foundation with donor-advised funds, pooled income funds, and charitable lead/charitable remainder trusts.
- Donations of specialty assets: real estate, tangible property, and private equity
- Program-related investments: Opportunities for aligning investments and philanthropic intent.