JPMorgan Chase & Co. has formed a relationship with Foundation Source to provide private foundation services to your clients.
Foundation Source is the nation’s largest provider of comprehensive support services for private foundations. These services include foundation creation (as needed), administrative support, active compliance monitoring, philanthropic advisory, tax and legal expertise, and online foundation management tools. Foundation Source provides its services to more than 1,500 family, corporate, and professionally staffed foundations, of all sizes, nationwide.
This web page provides resources to help you get to know our company and its services, and to help you prepare for discussions with your clients about private foundations. On this page you’ll find:
- A link to a demo of the company’s technology platform, Foundation Source Online®
- Selected materials to help you prepare for a client meeting
- Selected materials you can provide to clients
- A link to Foundation Source’s Resource Library with a trove of additional content
- Our territory map to locate the Foundation Source Managing Director serving your region
PREPARING FOR PHILANTHROPIC CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR CLIENTS
Research has shown that high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals expect to discuss philanthropy with their advisors as part of a comprehensive wealth management plan. To help you prepare for those conversations, we offer the following materials that other advisors have found useful.
Materials to Help You Prepare for Your Client Meeting
- How to Talk with Your Client about Their Philanthropy
- FAQs about Private Foundations
- Getting Started with Foundation Source: A Guide for Private Wealth Managers
- Private Foundation Planning Guide
- Private Foundations and Donor-Advised Funds: Comparison Chart
Materials You Can Use in Your Client Meeting
- Advantages of a Private Foundation
- Tax Benefits of a Private Foundation
- Getting to Know Foundation Source
- A Guide to Naming Your Foundation
- Is a Private Foundation Right for You?
foundation source regional managing directors
Foundation Source Managing Directors are located across the country to answer your questions about private foundations and how we support them, and to assist you with client meetings, as appropriate.
What’s in a name?
For clients just getting started, we can provide a new private foundation, set up as a Delaware non-stock corporation, in as little as three days. One of the first steps is to make sure the intended name for the foundation hasn’t been taken already. The State of Delaware’s website provides a search tool where you can easily check. For “Entity Kind” select “Corporation” from the drop-down menu.
what organizations can i give to?
Private foundations have myriad options available for exercising their philanthropy. The most common and simplest is making grants to 501(c)(3) public charities. Foundation Source provides a free search tool, specifically for private foundations, called GrantSafe that lets you quickly and easily confirm the IRS exempt status of any public charity before making a grant, as required by IRSregulations.
Return to JPMorgan Chase Intranet