As Senior Managing Director, Justin Murphy fosters relationships with philanthropists, their families and teams to help them achieve their charitable goals.
- Partners with private wealth managers, financial advisors, attorneys, and directly with donors regarding the benefits of a private foundation.
- Brings philanthropic expertise to foundations, individuals, financial advisors, attorneys, accountants, and family offices
- Legal and Technology Consultant with Lexis/Nexis-Reed Elsevier
- Counsel for The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board
- Legal Information Advisor with Thomson Reuters West
- Attorney at Marshall Dennehey
- Juris Doctor from the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts from West Virginia University with Honors
- Charities that support the elderly on the local level
- My favorite quote/book is…To Kill A Mockingbird
- My favorite sports team is… The Pittsburgh Steelers
- Hobbies I enjoy: my daughter’s softball games, music and movies
Mark Sitzman is the market leader for the firm in Illinois, operating out of his office in Chicago. He advocates for families and foundations directly and in partnership with private wealth advisors, family offices, attorneys, and CPAs to cultivate comprehensive operational solutions for private foundation clients.
- Discover family and foundation philanthropic objectives and identify operational needs
- Marshal appropriate tax, legal, and philanthropic expertise to inform the process
- Develop and price foundation management solutions that meet client needs
- Corporate and distribution strategy in the financial services industry as a management consultant and in related roles at Morgan Stanley, Invesco, and Aon Securities
- Non-profit advisor, Board member, and mentor to next generation philanthropists and non-profit leaders
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from the University of Iowa
- Promotion of inclusion and development of community, social, and professional infrastructures to improve the quality of life for people with special needs
- Community stewardship toward sustainability and well-being of all youth, our environment, and our future leaders
- Inspiration and education of future philanthropists to instill in them a life-long interest in community philanthropy and charitable involvement
As Director of Business Development, Erik Larsen works with philanthropists, wealth advisors, attorneys, CPAs, and family offices. Erik helps with existing foundations and in establishing new foundations by offering services that make owning and operating a private foundation easy for families or corporations—regardless of size or complexity.
- Provide guidance in helping philanthropists and their advisors identify and utilize the most appropriate charitable vehicle(s) to achieve their philanthropic goals
- Build relationships with wealth advisors, attorneys, CPAs, family offices and foundation staff
- Manage these relationships to provide valuable resources for themselves and their philanthropic clients
- Customize foundation management and technology solutions for new and existing foundations based on the client’s needs
- Regional Sales Consultant at Prudential Annuities
- Financial Advisor at Barnum Financial Group, MetLife
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management from Albertus Magnus College
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®) through The American College of Financial Services
- Some of my favorites: wildlife and environmental, women and girls, education, and humanitarian
- Favorite book: The Last Lecture
- Hobbies: Mountain biking, road biking, motocross, snowboarding, hiking, tennis, golf (past hobby; road racing motorcycles)
- Favorite quote: “The time is always right to do what is right.”
As a business development representative at Foundation Source, Richard Prackup leverages his seasoned marketing and sales skillset to effectively develop long-standing client relationships with financial advisors and professionals across the Midcentral region. He finds great reward in his experience of establishing Foundation Source as the philanthropic partner for financial institutions and their charitable clients.
- Managing inbound and outbound outreach to advisors in the financial sector with clients inquiring on private foundations
- Providing high-level detail on services and technology that Foundation Source has to offer
- Qualifying viable business connections for field sales to carry forward relationships
- Sales Executive and Customer Success Specialist at Reed Exhibitions
- Intern at Univision Communications Inc.
- Emma Bowen Foundation Scholar Alumni
- University of Connecticut Alumni
- Bachelors in Marketing with concentration in Digital Marketing and Analytics – University of Connecticut
- Certification in Digital Marketing – Mediamath
- Cancer Research
- My role model is… My father
- The app I can’t live without is… Snapchat
- Hobbies – Weightlifting, video gaming, Saltwater fishing
As a Business Development Representative out of the company’s Fairfield, CT headquarters, David Seeber handles inquiries about Foundation Source’s services and engages in targeted outreach, building and nurturing relationships for the team. David engages with prospects to understand and identify their needs while aligning them with our services.
- Respond to inbound leads to identify their needs and qualify new and existing foundation opportunities
- Sourcing new outbound leads, initiating the prospecting process, qualifying leads across business verticals, and building our new business pipeline
- Skillfully identify and qualify leads to hand off to field sales
- Global Trade Operations Analyst – GE Capital
- COO of a local family business
- University of Vermont – B.S. Finance
- The Special Olympics
- My hometown is…Stratford, CT
- My favorite sports team is…New York Yankees
- Hobbies: Skiing, Boating and everything outdoors
As a Business Development Representative, Heather Rodriguez engages with prospects to understand their challenges and needs, identify potential solutions, and be highly knowledgeable about Foundation Source products and services.
- Identify, prospect, and qualify leads based on ideal customer profile or pre-defined criteria
- Understand customer need and speak to value propositions for all offerings
- Review and actively work previously sourced leads in Salesforce to ensure leads are optimized for sales
- Expertly qualify and seamlessly hand-off leads to Managing Directors
- Business Development Representative
- New York/Connecticut Real Estate Salesperson
- Southeastern University/University of Connecticut – Bachelor of Science: Business Marketing
Philanthropic cause close to your heart:
- The Light of Aubrien Foundation
- The app I can’t live without is… Amazon
- My Family/Pets are… Willow (cat), Macie (cat), & 10 chickens -too many to name!
- Hobby… Interior Design
As the Director of Foundation Engagement, Joseph Fraites promotes the discovery, cultivation and growth of relationships within the private foundation space utilizing Foundation Source’s guidance, education, and service resources.
- Serves as the primary contact for existing foundation prospects to qualify and nurture the relationship
- Build and enhance Foundation Source’s public profile with private foundations
- Help secure new business from existing foundations across the country, working in collaboration with the national sales team
- Director Annual Fund – Forman School
- Founder, President – Quasar Group, LLC
- VP Investments – Prudential Securities, Inc.
- Nonprofit Boards and Committees
- Pace University
- Ithaca College
- My favorite book is “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho
- My favorite movie is “Casablanca”
- I have cheered for the home team in 17 of the 30 Major League Baseball Stadiums