As Senior Managing Director, Josh Stamer leads Business Development for the Western Regional team, securing and developing relationships with new and experienced philanthropists, wealth advisory professionals, and other trusted advisors. Josh believes that the most successful philanthropy comes from matching impact and personal fulfillment.
- Bringing new clients and partners to Foundation Source
- Building and developing relationships with the industry’s leading financial, philanthropic and planning professionals
- Deliver education and expertise, and share experience with the high-net-worth community and the trusted networks that support them
- Sales Director, Workiva (formerly WebFilings)
- Director of Strategic Sales, Maxwell Systems
- Magna Cum Laude from California State University, Long Beach,
- University of Wollongong in New South Wales, Australia, with a focus on business management
The Philanthropic Cause Close to My Heart Is:
- Pediatric Cancer and Rare Childhood diseases
- My favorite quote/book is… “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- My Hometown is… San Francisco, CA.
- My role model is… My Dad, the hardest working man on the planet.
As a Managing Director, Jim Amerman partners with attorneys, accountants, and family offices to ensure that their clients receive cost-efficient, effective and compliant private foundation support services.
- Dedicated philanthropy resource for founders and their trusted advisors.
- Help foundations further their mission and achieve their goals with confidence and enhanced focus
- Wealth management director at LourdMurray, responsible for a seven-member team serving entertainment/sports industry clients and $4B of assets
- Director of financial planning at Westmount Asset Management, providing education and guidance to 15+ advisors and their clients
- Instructor for the California Society of CPAs (CalCPA) on Roth Conversion Optimization and Roth vs. traditional 401k contributions analysis
- University of Chicago Booth MBA
- Duke University Economics BA
- CFP® designation for 9 years
- California CPA license for 11 years
- Veteran – US Navy
The Philanthropic Cause Close to My Heart Is:
- Mentoring disadvantaged young adults
- My favorite quote: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
- My hometown is West Des Moines, Iowa
- My favorite sports teams are Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Revolution and Meraki
As Director of Business Development, John Johnson works with high- and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families, private wealth managers, financial advisors, attorneys, and CPAs to identify and achieve philanthropic goals.
- Partner with financial, accounting, and legal advisors on philanthropic solutions for their clients or prospects
- Strategize with current or future foundation leaders around charitable interests, tax benefits and administrative needs
- Philanthropic resource with over a decade of experience in the space
- Joined Foundation Source in 2011 as a Private Client Advisor, managing a portfolio of client and advisor relationships to develop countless grant programs, corporate foundation initiatives, payments to distressed individuals, international grants and impact investing strategies
- Ascended to leadership of Client Services, managing PCA team with nearly 400 private family and corporate foundations
- James Madison University (VA), B.S. in Kinesiology
Philanthropic cause close to your heart:
- Financial literacy and education for the underserved
- The best piece of advice I ever got was… “Stay far from timid, only make moves when your hearts in it and live the phrase ‘sky’s the limit” – Biggie
- My favorite quote/book is… either the above or “The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking the latter.” – Malcolm Gladwell
- My role model is… my grandpa
As the Director of Business Development, Kevin Perregaux is part of our Western Regional team working directly with financial advisors, attorneys, CPA’s and high-net-worth individuals, assisting them with implementing specific philanthropic intentions with a private foundation.
- Cultivate new and existing relationships, providing a true partnership for achieving one’s philanthropic vision, for both family and corporate private foundations
- Collaborate with internal resources such as philanthropic advisors, and tax and legal associates to provide a best practice strategy for prospects (keeping in mind the IRS’s guidelines for operation) for specific out-of-the box giving
- Conduct resourceful webinars to wealth advisors, high-net-worth individuals, attorneys, and CPA’s on topics such as Charitable Planning, Private Foundations vs DAF’s, Growing Your Practice (Advisor Specific)
- Business Analyst and Portfolio Trader for a Wealth Management Advisory Office at Barnum Financial Group
- Fixed Income Sales Support at the Royal Bank of Scotland
- Corporate Actions and Cash Management Analyst at JPMorgan Hedge Fund Services
- Annuities Analyst at Prudential Financial
- B.A. in Business Management from Southern Connecticut State University
The Philanthropic Cause Close to My Heart Is:
- Veteran Assistance / Services
- My hometown is… Milford, CT
- My favorite sports teams are… NY Yankees, NY Giants, THE Ohio State
As a Business Development Representative, Michael Walters searches for and qualifies new business opportunities via direct calling efforts. He engages with prospects to understand their challenges and needs and offers our services as potential solutions.
- Respond to inbound leads and qualify new business opportunities
- Also responsible for outbound leads, initiating the prospecting process, qualifying leads across channels, and building the pipeline
- Expertly qualify and seamlessly hand-off leads to sales
- Business Development Associate for MB Business Capital
- Senior Business Development Associate for PNC Financial Services Group, In.
- The Community College of the Air Force
- The University of Maryland
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- The Dana and Christopher Reeve Foundation
- My hometown is Wading River, New York
- The app I can’t live without is Amazon
- I have a pet dog named “Kuma”
As a Business Development Representative out of the company’s Fairfield, CT headquarters, David Seeber handles inquiries about Foundation Source’s services and engages in targeted outreach, building and nurturing relationships for the team. David engages with prospects to understand and identify their needs while aligning them with our services.
- Respond to inbound leads to identify their needs and qualify new and existing foundation opportunities
- Sourcing new outbound leads, initiating the prospecting process, qualifying leads across business verticals, and building our new business pipeline
- Skillfully identify and qualify leads to hand off to field sales
- Global Trade Operations Analyst – GE Capital
- COO of a local family business
- University of Vermont – B.S. Finance
- The Special Olympics
- My hometown is… Stratford, CT
- My favorite sports team is… New York Yankees
- Hobbies: Skiing, Boating and everything outdoors
As a Business Development Representative, Jamie Ruiz works with prospective clients to understand their challenges and needs in carrying out their familial and/or corporate philanthropy and identifies internal solutions leveraging Foundation Source’s technology and expertise in private foundations. Jamie uses her knowledge and passion for foundations to identify new business opportunities targeting her activity to professionals who provide administrative, accounting, and legal services to individuals, corporations, and family offices.
- Understanding customer need to provide expertise as to value propositions
- Identifies ideal client personas and hubs of opportunity to build a quality business pipeline
- Partnering with sales and other cross-functional teams to gain commitments from prospects
- Foundation Source, Legal Associate
- Matthew J. Ruiz Memorial Foundation, President
- Juris Doctor, Touro University, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
- Master of Business Administration, University at Albany
- Erasing the stigma associated with addiction and increasing the access to services for addicts and their families.
- My favorite sports team is… the Bronx Bombers!
- My family/pets are… my kitties Lucky & Rocky.
- Hobbies: Running 5ks & cycling
As the Director of Foundation Engagement, Joseph Fraites promotes the discovery, cultivation and growth of relationships within the private foundation space utilizing Foundation Source’s guidance, education, and service resources.
- Serves as the primary contact for existing foundation prospects to qualify and nurture the relationship
- Build and enhance Foundation Source’s public profile with private foundations
- Help secure new business from existing foundations across the country, working in collaboration with the national sales team
- Director Annual Fund – Forman School
- Founder, President – Quasar Group, LLC
- VP Investments – Prudential Securities, Inc.
- Nonprofit Boards and Committees
- Pace University
- Ithaca College
- My favorite book is “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho
- My favorite movie is “Casablanca”
- I have cheered for the home team in 17 of the 30 Major League Baseball Stadiums